Ensuring quality health insurance is a key part of attending Columbia. Columbia College and Columbia Engineering wants to confirm you have good coverage so that health needs and concerns, including unanticipated health care costs, are not a barrier to the achievement of your personal and academic goals. Here are a few key reasons to enroll in the Columbia Student Health Insurance Plan:
- No co-pays for on campus medical and mental health services
- Plan optimized to the needs of students
- Better value for coverage than exchange plans
- Global coverage for routine, urgent, and emergency care
- Dental service discounts
- Premiums billed to your student account (no upfront payments)
- Onsite insurance team to provide support (503 Lerner Hall)
All new and continuing students are required by the University to have quality health insurance. Be sure you take action on one of the three options below before September 19 to ensure coverage and avoid unintended fees.
- Option 1 - Confirm enrollment in the Gold plan
- Option 2 - Upgrade to the Platinum plan
- Option 3 - Request a waiver from the plan
Be sure you have a US mailing address in SSOL to ensure timely receipt of your insurance card. Please visit http://ssol.columbia.edu to update your local address if you have not already done so.
IMMUNIZATION DOCUMENTATION IF NOT ALREADY SENT SHOULD BE SENT & RECEIVED BY HEALTH SERVICES BY AUGUST 8TH IF YOU WISH TO BE ABLE TO HAVE PRE-REGISTRATION COURSES ASSIGNED AND TO BE ABLE TO REGISTER DURING YOUR REGISTRATION APPOINTMENT TIMES!
Thanks in advance and please contact the Columbia Health Insurance Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-854-3286 with any questions. We wish you success in your studies this coming year.