First years through seniors, have you thought about working at The New Yorker, Lincoln Center, Carnegie Hall, or American Ballet Theater? How about contributing your skills and energy to the Vera institute for Justice or the National Multiple Sclerosis Society? Do you want to gain experience through project work done remotely by you at CU for Bpeace, an organization that supports entrepreneurs in conflict-affected countries? Spring internships in these organizations and many more are now in LionSHARE through CCE’s Spring Internship Programs : Columbia Arts Experience (CAE), Columbia Communities in Action (CCIA), and the Virtual Internship Program (VIP). Review the positions on LionSHARE, read reflections from previous spring interns on our web site, and speak with us about how a spring internship might work for you. Note that the deadline to APPLY is Sunday, Oct. 27.
We also begin our Industry Showcase series this week with boutique consulting. See below for details. Showcases for Asia-Pacific hiring, boutique finance, fashion, and advertising/marketing/PR will follow.
Niamh and all at CCE
Mock Interview Night Program - Oct. 2 and Oct. 9
Are you ready for the fall interviewing season? CCE career counselors will partner with Columbia alumni on Oct. 2 and Oct. 9 to provide mock interviews. Gain experience, practice your skills, receive feedback, and improve your interview performance! Students can call CCE at 212-854-5609 to schedule 30 minute one-on-one sessions. Slots available on a first come, first served basis.
Industry Showcase: Boutique Consulting - Oct. 3
CCE in collaboration with the Columbia Undergraduate Consulting Club, will hold a panel and networking session with top tier boutique consulting firms. This event is aimed to build student awareness of career opportunities at these firms’ and to allow the companies to meet enthusiastic and bright Columbia students. The companies participating are: Alcoa Inc. (Business Excellence & Corporate Strategy Projects); Beghou Consulting; Berkeley Research Group, LLC; BluePrint Research Group; Mars & Co; Solution Providers USA Inc.; and The Greatest Good, LLC.
Applications are now available for the 2014 Kenneth Cole Community Engagement Fellowship!
This exciting initiative serves to inspire and empower the next generation of community leaders, introducing undergraduates to the challenges and opportunities for community building in contemporary urban America. The program is open to sophomores and juniors in CC and SEAS. Prospective applicants are strongly encouraged to attend one of two information sessions (Monday, Oct. 7 from 6-7p.m. in Lerner 401 and Friday, Oct. 11 from 1-2p.m. in Lerner 403H/I.) Click here for more details.
Interested in Finding a Position Abroad?
Whether you are looking for an international experience for the summer or an opportunity beyond graduation, we have a workshop for you! Join us for the Find a Position Abroad Workshop on Tuesday, Oct. 8 from 5-6p.m. in the CCE Conference Room. We will go over recommendations on how to search for an international experience (full-time, intern, teach, or volunteer) as well as the different types of opportunities that are available and factors to consider before, during and after your search.
Professionals in Residence: U.S. Department of State - Oct. 9
Join us for an informal lunch with Patricia Guy, Diplomat in Residence with the US Department of State, and Thomas J. Dowling, Senior Advisor to the U.S. Diplomacy Center. You can learn about potential career tracks, ask about the recruitment process, and gain insider advice on how to enter or advance in the field.
Save the Dates for the Engineering Career Fair Networking Reception on Oct. 24 and Engineering Consortium Career Fair on Oct. 25 !
Register for the fair by Oct. 23 at 11:59p.m. to receive a Pre-Registered Pass to check out employers like United Technologies Corp - Pratt & Whitney, Hazen & Sawyer, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Square, Colgate Palmolive, and Intel. Prepare for the career fair by signing up for SEAS Undergraduate Student Resume Reviews on Oct. 22 and Oct. 23 and attending Making the Most of the Engineering Consortium Career Fair in Partnership with Microsoft on Oct. 23 .
Calendar at a Glance: Sept. 30-Oct. 11
ADI Startup Career Fair
Set up a job agent in LionSHARE so you don't miss a single opportunity! In the meantime, we've pulled a few examples of current positions that we thought might be of interest to you. Employers are posting positions every day, and the active employment and internship opportunities below are just a small sample of the thousands currently available. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply today.
The jobs listed below expire between Oct. 11 and Oct. 15.
- Mintz Levin - Project Analyst (Job ID: 116308)
- D. E. Shaw Research - Early Career Scientists and Engineers: Computational Biochemistry Research Group (Job ID: 119878)
- Charles River Associates - Analyst (Job ID: 120061)
- Verizon Communications Inc. - Engineering Entry Level Opportunities (Job ID: 120270)
- CarMax - Strategy Analyst (Job ID: 118636)
The internships listed below expire between Oct. 11 and Oct. 18.
- Marketing Evolution - Research Analyst Intern (Job ID: 120101)
- LP Amina - R&D Internship: Cleaner Combustion Processes (Mechanical Design) – Spring ‘14 (Job ID: 120331)
- WCG Analytics - Internship (Job ID: 120681)
- MongoDB, Inc. - Software Engineering Intern – Summer 2014 (Job ID: 119943)
- Google, Inc. - Associate Product Manager Intern, Summer (Job ID: 120564)
- The New Yorker- Advertising Intern (Job ID: 121077 )
Below are just a few of the employers recruiting on campus that you may have missed. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply. Don't have On-Campus Interview access? Complete the new, mandatory On-Campus Recruiting Program Overview online training and sign off on the new policies and procedures. The schedules listed below between Oct. 3 and Oct. 13 .
- QVT Financial LP - Investment Intern (Schedule ID: 3619)
- CB&I Technology Operating Group - Process Engineer (Schedule ID: 3610)
- Unilever - Finance - Unilever Future Leaders Program (Schedule ID: 3636)
- Unilever - Marketing & Customer Development (Sales) - Unilever Future Leaders Program (Schedule ID: 3637)
- The Boeing Company - Boeing Entry Level Engineering Full Time Positions (Schedule ID: 3486)
- Cogent Partners - Analyst (Schedule ID: 3635)
- Quantedge USA- Quantitative Research Analyst (Schedule ID: 3609)
The jobs listed below expire between Oct. 15 and Oct. 18.
- Stribling Marketing Associates - Part-Time On-Site Real Estate Administrator (Job ID: 120202)
- Moonlyt Inc. - Online Tutor (Job ID: 120314)
- Random House, Inc. - Book Research (Job ID: 120585)
- The Law Practice of Thomas L. Fraser - Website Design, Development and Construction (Job ID: 120704)
Student Led Initiative
Columbia Finance Mentorship Program (CFMP) - APPLY HERE! CFMP, with the support of CUFE, is comprised of seniors who have interned on Wall Street and who want to mentor underclass students to help them (1) figure out what they want to do in finance and (2) get the job they want. All are encouraged to apply, although preference will be given to juniors. Deadline is Oct. 11, 2013 at 11:59p.m.