Happy first day of classes!
Seniors, you might be starting a full-time job search, evaluating an offer from a summer internship, preparing applications for graduate school, or paralyzed by the thought of leaving Columbia! Irrespective of where you are, prioritize visiting our Center to discuss your plans and connect with employers, alumni, and resources that match your interests. That goes for Juniors, Sophomores and First Years too! Once you're acclimated to classes, visit us and we'll help you to connect with relevant opportunities and resources.
We invite all of you to join us on Friday, Sept. 12 for our third annual Open House ! Enjoy free Korilla Korean BBQ, enter a raffle for a FitBit Flex, and chat with us about what we have to offer, including jobs and internships, alumni connections, career advising and workshops. Follow #CCEOpenHouse on Twitter for more info.
We look forward to seeing you!
Niamh and all at CCE
New Section - CCE Employer News
Hello everyone! My name is Patrick Smith and I work at CCE on the Employer Relations team. My main job is finding out where students want to work and bringing those companies to you on campus and/or via LionSHARE. This summer my team met with some awesome employers including:
- ESPN here in NYC;
- SpaceX on the west coast;
- Airbnb in Singapore;
- and I’m excited to announce another company we met with on the west coast will be at our Engineering Career Fair in October – Apple !
Check out this section each week for more updates on employers!
Are You Looking for an On-Campus Job?
Join staff from CCE and the Office of Financial Aid & Educational Financing on Wednesday, Sept. 3 to learn about the many Columbia resources for finding a job on campus, including LionSHARE, the Work-Study website, and other departmental listings.
Important On-Campus Recruiting Program (OCR) Information and Dates
CCE’s On-Campus Recruiting Program (OCR) brings employers to campus for the purpose of meeting, On-Campus Interviewing (OCI), and recruiting students. To gain OCI Access in LionSHARE , students must complete the On-Campus Recruiting Program Overview training and sign-off on the policies after passing the quiz at the end of the presentation. Students who already have OCI Access in LionSHARE should update their profile and documents to reflect their most recent academic standing before applying to any OCI job postings. All students interested in OCR should review the 2014-2015 On-Campus Recruiting Policies and Procedures .
Apply by Sept. 14 to be the Manager of the Columbia University Tutoring and Translating Agency (CUTTA) !
Managing Directors benefit from hands-on business experience, professional development training, and a salary while obtaining guidance from an advisory team and professional development training. To learn more about the program and application process, visit our website and search Job ID: 50192 in LionSHARE.
CC/SEAS Work Exemption Program
Apply by Sept. 17, 2014 for the fall 2014 Work Exemption Program. The program enables financial aid recipients to take advantage of unpaid internships, research projects, and volunteer work. For eligibility and application instructions, please visit our website .
Mock Interview Program
Are you ready for the interviewing season? CCE career counselors will partner with Columbia alumni on Sept. 17 , Sept. 23 , and Oct. 1 to provide mock interviews. Gain experience, practice your skills, receive feedback, and improve your interview performance! Students can call CCE at 212-854-5609 to schedule 30 minute one-on-one sessions. Slots available on a first come, first served basis.
Document That Summer Internship: Enter the 3rd Annual CCE Video Contest !
Want to win over $100 worth of Columbia gear just for documenting your summer internship? Take a moment to check out the details of the CCE Video Contest . No previous film skills required!
Columbia College Writing, Video and Photography Interns
Do you want to learn about your classmates, showcase College programs, and share stories about the undergraduate experience with prospective students, current students, alumni and families? The Office of the Dean is looking for Columbia College student web editors to produce content for the College website and social media feeds. Search Job ID 152220 in LionSHARE for additional information and application instructions.
Calendar at a Glance: Sept. 1-12
CCE will be closed for Labor Day.
Set up a job agent in LionSHARE so you don't miss a single opportunity! In the meantime, we've pulled a few examples of current positions that we thought might be of interest to you. Employers are posting positions every day, and the active employment and internship opportunities below are just a small sample of the thousands currently available. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply today.
The jobs listed below expire between Sept. 26 and Sept. 28 .
- Gallup Organization - Associate Analyst (Job ID: 152505)
- OLA Consulting Engineers - Energy/Commissioning Engineer-HVAC (Job ID: 152359)
- Carnegie Hall - Assistant, Corporate Relations & Sponsorships (Job ID: 152192)
- Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi-UFJ, Ltd. - Trading Analyst (Job ID: 151679)
- Flinja - Email Marketer & Social Media Marketing (Job ID: 151717)
The internships listed below expire between Sept. 24 and Sept. 26 .
- FWD.us - 2014 Fall Apprentice Program (Job ID: 151805)
- Level Solar - Customer Experience Representative (Job ID: 151961)
- PRCG | Haggerty - Public Relations Fall Intern - Non-profits/Law Firms/Environmental (Job ID: 152078)
- Columbia College - Columbia College Writing, Video and Photography Interns (Job ID: 152220)
- Segal Group - Public Affairs Intern (Job ID: 151593)
Below are just a few of the employers recruiting on campus that you may have missed. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply. Don't have On-Campus Interview access? Complete the mandatory On-Campus Recruiting Program Overview online training and sign off on the new policies and procedures. The schedules listed below close between Sept. 7 and Sept. 25 .
- Houlihan Lokey - Financial Analyst - Corporate Finance or Financial Restructuring (Schedule ID: 3949)
- The Blackstone Group - 2015 Analyst – Innovations and Infrastructure UX Designer (Business Analyst) (Schedule ID: 4017)
- Prudential Financial, Inc. - Full Time - Actuarial Associate (Schedule ID: 4142)
- AllianceBernstein - Multi-Asset Solutions Rotational Associate Program (Schedule ID: 4228)
- Health Advances - Analyst (Schedule ID: 3991)
- QS World Grad School Tour on Sept. 13 - Register here .
U.S. Department of State Summer 2015 Student Internship Program - Apply by Oct. 17