Are presidential elections motivating you to explore possible careers in government? Join us today at noon at CCE for Get a Job or Internship in Gov't or International Affairs .
For those of you contemplating or currently applying to graduate school, join us tomorrow for the Secrets of Graduate School Admissions to learn what goes into competitive Masters or PhD applications, factors to consider when researching and evaluating graduate programs, and how to fund them.
Read on and note upcoming deadlines to apply for spring opportunities in a range of fields, including the arts and community engagement.
Lastly, I want to highlight that Unilever will be on campus to speak with you about opportunities in Asia, the Middle East, and Africa.
Niamh and all at CCE
Major Discovery! From Classroom to Career in Columbia Engineering – Fri., Oct. 12
With SEAS Major Declaration right around the corner, stop by any time to get insider advice on majors and careers from upperclass students, career counselors, and advising deans.
Applications now available for the 2013 Kenneth Cole Community Engagement Program !
This exciting initiative introduces a talented group of Columbia undergraduates to the challenges and opportunities for community building. The program (open to sophomores and juniors in CC and SEAS) culminates in a summer living-learning experience, where fellows undertake paid internships at community organizations and live together in a program-provided residence hall. The deadline for applications is Oct. 21, 2012 at 11:59p.m .
Save the date for the Engineering Career Fair Networking Reception on Oct. 25 and the Engineering Consortium Career Fair on Oct. 26!
Register by Oct. 23 to receive a Pre-Registered Pass to check out employers like Amazon, NASA Langley Research Center, Siemens, and Turner Construction Company.
CCE Spring Internship Programs—APPLY NOW!
Positions are now posted for CCE’s Spring Internship Programs : Columbia Arts Experience (CAE) , Columbia Communities in Action (CCIA) , and the Virtual Internship Program (VIP) . If you’re interested in breaking into the arts industry, contributing to a not-for-profit organization, or working remotely for a company in a range of fields, don’t miss your chance to apply for one of these great opportunities! All applications are due Nov. 4.
Calendar at a Glance: Oct. 8-19
All Day Event
Set up a job agent in LionSHARE so you don't miss an internship or job. In the mean time, we've pulled a few examples of current opportunities that might be of interest to you. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply! The internships listed below expire between Oct. 18 and Oct. 28 .
- Bevbucks, Inc. - Sales & Marketing Intern (Job ID 88388)
- Arachno Corp. - Paid Marketing Intern (Job ID 89726)
- NYSE Euronext - Issuer Services Intern (Job ID 91400)
- U.S. Department of Justice - Office of Public Affairs Intern (Job ID 92088)
- Bloodell & Company - Junior Analyst (Job ID 91079)
The jobs listed below expire between Oct. 17 and Oct. 25 .
- Ruder Finn, Inc. - Public Relations Executive Trainee (Job ID 91199)
- New York City Teaching Fellows - Teaching Fellow (Job ID 91234)
- Apple, Inc. - Safari/Webkit Engineer (Job ID 91334)
- Warner Music Group - SQL/Database Developer (Job ID 91441)
- TrexQuant Management - Quantitative Trading Strategist (Job ID 91747)
Below are just a few of the employers recruiting on-campus that you may have missed. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply. Don't have On-Campus Recruiting in your account? Go to OCR ACCESS . The schedules listed below close between Oct. 16 and Oct. 18 .
- IBM - Hardware Engineer (Schedule ID 2887)
- Flow Traders US LLC - Junior Trader (Schedule ID 2979)
- Citi - Citi Cards N.A. Analyst (Schedule ID 3004)
- Dropbox - Business Associate Rotational Program (Schedule ID 3013)
- SunGard - Entry Level Risk Consultant (Schedule ID 3016)
Looking for more part-time positions? Search "Temp Time" under "Employer Name" in LionSHARE. The jobs listed below expire between Oct. 17 and Nov. 2 .
- Jacobs & Burleigh LLP - Legal Word Processor (Job ID 90974)
- Course Helpers - Tutor (Job ID 91140)
- Studio One - Photo Assistant (Job ID 91198)
- Random House, Inc. - Book Researcher (Job ID 91976)
Ivy Development Group - Ivy Development Group - Elite Test (Job ID 92008)
Interested in meeting with a counselor? Want more information on employers or industries? Please visit: www.careereducation.columbia.edu or e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org .