First years through seniors - are you looking to gain valuable experience and connections to employers with a Spring internship? If yes, then consider applying to CCE's spring programs Columbia Communities in Action (CCIA) , Columbia Arts Experience (CAE) , and the Virtual Internship Program (VIP), which offer internships in the arts, community engagement, business development, PR, law, education and more! Employers include Lincoln Center, Human Rights Foundation, The New Yorker, and Center for Architecture Foundation. See the full list of opportunities here and apply via LionSHARE by Nov. 4. In addition to gaining great work experience, students benefit from professional development and support from CCE AND all interns receive stipends! To learn more RSVP for an info session on Oct. 23 or Oct. 31 .
Niamh and all at CCE
Asia-Pacific Recruiting Night - Tonight, Oct. 15 from 6-8p.m.
CCE will hold a joint event with organizations seeking to fill internships and full-time opportunities in the Asia-Pacific region. Come hear from firms such as Abercrombie & Fitch, Bloomberg L.P., and Teach for China and learn about their opportunities at this career fair style event! It is always good practice to have your resume on-hand — employers may request one.
Applications now available for the 2013 Kenneth Cole Community Engagement Program!
This exciting initiative serves to inspire and empower the next generation of community leaders, introducing a talented group of Columbia undergraduates to the challenges and opportunities for community building in contemporary urban America. The program provides paid summer internships in local organizations as well as housing in a University residence hall. It is open to sophomores and juniors in CC and SEAS. The deadline for applications is Oct. 21. Also, don't miss the Kenneth Cole Forum on Wednesday, Oct. 17 at 7p.m. in Altschul Auditorium. Newark Mayor Cory Booker will deliver the keynote address at this year’s event! RSVP required.
Engineering Career Fair Networking Reception on Oct. 25 and the Engineering Consortium Career Fair on Oct. 26! Register by Oct. 23 to receive a Pre-Registered Pass to check out employers like Amazon, NASA Langley Research Center, Siemens, and Turner Construction Company. GET READY this Friday , Oct. 19 at CCE's Engineering Career Fair Prep for Undergrads .
Burson-Marsteller Office Hours at CCE - Tuesday, Oct. 30
Sign up is open now through LionSHARE (must have On-Campus Recruiting access ). Meet with a recruiter for a 20-minute, one-on-one conversation about the Harold Burson Summer Internship (HBSI) Program. The HBSI Program is a paid internship at one of the U.S. Burson-Marsteller offices. The summer internship offers an invaluable career-development experience that can often lead to an employment opportunity after graduation.
Thinking of working at firms that require strong critical problem solving skills?
The skill isn’t developed from cramming information from books. Instead, the best way to prepare is to practice, be exposed to various types of problems, and practice more. There are over 50 (and growing) sample problems with solutions, ranging from all levels. Check out the Critical Problem Solving blog .
Innovation and Entrepreneurship at Columbia (IE@Columbia)
IE@Columbia is a new cross-University program that will nurture and leverage ideas and technologies within Columbia University. Faculty members, staff members, and students from across the University are invited to compete for admission to this program. Learn more at the info session on Oct. 26 .
Calendar at a Glance: Oct. 15-26
All Day Event
Set up a job agent in LionSHARE so you don't miss an internship or job. In the mean time, we've pulled a few examples of current opportunities that might be of interest to you. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply! The internships listed below expire between Oct. 20 and Oct. 26 .
- Russe Partners LLC - Fall Internship (Job ID 91580)
- Lacoste - Accounting Intern (Job ID 91480)
- Bike New York - Communications Internship (Job ID 88529)
- Christie's, Inc. - Fall 2012 Marketing Internship (Job ID 91903)
- NIRx Medical Technologies - Administrative Intern (Job ID 91667)
The jobs listed below expire between Oct. 20 and Oct. 24 .
- Grais & Ellsworth LLP - Paralegal (Job ID 84912)
- Ernst & Young - Staff Advisor, Technology Adivsor Program (Job ID 91529)
- Innovations for Poverty Action - Product Engineering Manager (Job ID 91317)
- CFY - Development and Communications Associate (Job ID 88104)
- EcoHealth Alliance - Data Scientist (Job ID 91797)
Important reminders for students participating in On-Campus Recruiting:
- Check the status of your application for on-campus interviews in the “My Activity > Schedules” section of your LionSHARE profile.
- Once selected to interview through LionSHARE, sign-up occurs on a first come, first served basis.
- Students participating in CCE’s On-Campus Recruiting Program are required to give two full business days’ notice to cancel an interview.
Below are just a few of the employers recruiting on-campus that you may have missed. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply. Don't have On-Campus Recruiting in your account? Go to OCR ACCESS . The schedules listed below close between Oct. 22 and Oct. 25 .
- Federal Reserve Bank of New York - Research Analyst (Schedule ID 2892)
- Syncsort Inc. - Software Engineer/Development (Schedule ID 2972)
- Mitsubishi UFJ Securities (USA), Inc. - Analyst Training Program (Schedule ID 3006)
- Fred Alger & Co. - Equity Research Associate (Schedule ID 3020)
- Turner Construction Company - Field Engineer (Schedule ID 3022)
Looking for more part-time positions? Search "Temp Time" under "Employer Name" in LionSHARE. The jobs listed below expire on Oct. 24.
- Seeds of Africa - Executive Assistant/Volunteer Coordinator (Job ID 91301)
- UrbanDaddy - Editorial Internship (Fall 2012) (Job ID 87781)
- Gibney Anthony & Flahtery, LLP - Internet Researcher (Job ID 91356)
- Jensen & Jensen - Writer (Job ID 91738)
- Temp Time - SAT Exam Tutor (Job ID 91502)