Seniors- join us on Friday for a workshop that will help you identify your unique skills and qualities and apply them to your career. Meet with a Boeing representative about opportunities on Wednesday (sign up through LionSHARE), and next week, attend an information session and apply to interview with the FBI .
CC and SEAS First years through juniors- there are still internships available through the Columbia College Alumni Sponsored Student Internship program , and alumni mentorships available through STEP . Also, don’t miss out on funding opportunities for unpaid summer experiences.
GS students- join a group of alumni on Wednesday to learn about careers in non-profits.
Read below for information on these, and many more opportunities!
Alicia and all at CCE
Boeing-in-Residence - Wednesday, Apr. 2
This is your opportunity to meet with Boeing representatives to learn more about their full-time and summer internship opportunities for next year! Please note that this is NOT an interview. Simply sign-up for a slot and come to CCE at that time to meet with a Boeing representative. Please bring a copy of your resume with you. Registration required through LionSHARE - Job ID 137194 (for internships) or Job ID 137252 (for full-time).
Seniors: Identify Your Skills for Success in the Job Search - Friday, Apr. 4
Join us for an interactive workshop where we will use the SkillScan assessment to identify your unique, transferable skills and qualities. Whether you are unsure of which career path to choose or have already decided and need help articulating your qualifications to employers, this workshop will get you started.
Motivated Skills Workshop for First Years - Friday, Apr. 11
Join us for an interactive workshop where we will use the Motivated Skills assessment to identify the skills and qualities that will help you find a satisfying career. In addition, you will gain insights into how this knowledge can help you sort through job postings and construct a winning resume. This is a great opportunity to kick off your career exploration process early so that you can make informed decisions about courses and majors that connect to both your interests and skillset. Attendance is limited to 20 first years. Register now !
There is Still Time – Deadline Extended to Join STEP!
As soon as you accept a summer internship in the science, technology engineering or mathematics fields, you can apply to be part of STEP to receive various benefits, which include access to a database to connect with an alumni mentor, receive additional career support, and build a student network. See link for additional program benefits. Apply now . Deadline is Apr. 13.
Apply to a CCASSIP position for summer 2014!
There are several opportunities still available in LionSHARE in a variety of industries including government, the arts, legal, advertising, not-for-profit and more! Search for “CCASSIP” in LionSHARE – new positions will continue to be posted through spring 2014. Several of the positions are open to first-year students (look for the asterisk next to the position)! Deadlines vary by position. To view all summer positions click here .
Funding Programs - Apply by Wednesday, Apr. 16!
- Columbia Engineering Internship Fund is designed to enable Columbia Engineering undergraduate students to gain real-world and research engineering experience. Currently registered Columbia Engineering undergraduate students who meet the criteria outlined here are eligible to apply.
- Columbia College Alumni and Parent Internship Fund is specifically designed to encourage CC students to accept a quality unpaid internship which would foster their career exploration and build upon their academic studies, while alleviating some of the financial burden associated with unpaid internships. Currently registered CC students who meet the criteria outlined here are eligible to apply.
- Work Exemption Program enables financial aid recipients to take advantage of unpaid internships, research projects, and volunteer work. For eligibility and application instructions, please visit our website .
Deadline to join the Summer CCE Network Extended to Apr. 20!
Connecting to fellow Columbia students and alum has never been easier through the Summer CCE Network. If you’ll be spending the summer in Boston, Los Angeles, San Francisco, or Washington, D.C., join today for access to network events, mentoring, roommate connections, and much more! Apply early. Space is limited.
Calendar at a Glance: Mar. 31-Apr. 11
Set up a job agent in LionSHARE so you don't miss a single opportunity! In the meantime, we've pulled a few examples of current positions that we thought might be of interest to you. Employers are posting positions every day, and the active employment and internship opportunities below are just a small sample of the thousands currently available. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply today.
The jobs listed below expire between Apr. 10 and Apr. 17 .
- FDM Group - Java Developer – Entry Level (Job ID: 131207)
- GuidePoint Global - Healthcare Research Analyst (Job ID: 133537)
- Petflow.com - Purchasing Analyst (Job ID: 133957)
- Central Park Group, LLC - Marketing Associate (Job ID: 135994)
- Penguin Group (USA) - Associate Publicist - DK (Job ID: 136180)
The internships listed below expire between Apr. 6 and Apr. 20 .
- Dakorum - Start-Up Intern (Job ID: 134487)
- Ampush - Summer Media Analyst Intern (Job ID: 136084)
- The Kinetix Group - Healthcare Marketing Internship (Job ID: 136625)
- Amazon - Finance Analyst Intern (Job ID: 135839)
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts - Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts Summer 2014 Internship Program (Job ID: 135235)
Below is just one of the employers recruiting on campus that you may have missed. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply. Don't have On-Campus Interview access? Complete the mandatory On-Campus Recruiting Program Overview online training and sign off on the new policies and procedures. The schedule listed below expires on Apr. 3 .
- 1st Financial Funding & Investments - Analyst, Real Estate (Schedule ID: 3925)
The jobs listed below expire between Apr. 10 and Apr. 17 .
- Mara Jade Holdings, LLC - Assistant (Job ID: 135516 )
- Yorkson Legal - Part Time Recruiting Assistant (Job ID: 135539)
- Harlem Children's Zone - Math Tutor (Grades 9—12), Tutor Institute (Job ID: 135778)
- Strategic Ventures & Research Inc. - Intern for Boutique Investment Bank (Job ID: 135799)
- The Hearst Corporation - International Coordinator (Job ID: 136127)
- Excel Analytics and Programming Workshop - On Wednesday, Apr. 2, come to a free workshop led by George Zhao, who has taught similar workshops to hundreds of students and professionals. This time, you can also submit examples (classwork, project, etc.) that may be demonstrated during the workshop.
- Spoon University - Taste Talks networking event around food, media and entrepreneurship - Tuesday, Apr. 8
- Save the Date for #StartupColumbia - Friday, Apr. 11
- Nicholas P. Chopey Scholarship For Engineering Excellence - Apply by Tuesday, Apr. 15.
- Lime Connect Fellowship Program for sophomores/rising juniors with a (visible or invisible) disability. Deadline to apply Monday, Apr. 21.
- Summer Youth Employment Program and NYC Ladders for Leaders - Apply by Friday, Apr. 25.