Practice your networking skills at tonight’s “ How to Work a Room ” workshop, and put your learning to use at Media Networking Night on Wednesday, where we will host 200+ media professionals who want to talk to you!
For those of you with an entrepreneurial spirit, connect with more than 60 organizations with internships and full time opportunities at the Startup Career Fair on Friday.
Read below for more details.
Alicia and all at CCE
How to Work A Room – A Prep Session for Media Networking Night - Tonight, Mar. 24 (Limited Spots!)
Join us for this “mock reception” and learn how to walk into a room of strangers, carry yourself with composure, have conversations that are meaningful, walk out with contacts and create plans to follow up.
CC Dinner & Discussion Series – Tuesday, Mar. 25
Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit? Learn more about starting your own business over an informal dinner with CC alumnus Adam Nguyen (CC ’98), co-founder and COO/CFO of eBrevia. Seats are limited, so grab yours today! Register here .
Media Networking Night (MNN) - Wednesday, Mar. 26
Meet with 200+ media industry professionals from organizations like CBS News, Discovery Communications, Macmillan, Huffington Post, and more! Light refreshments will be served. Register here . We are pleased to host this event with support from Bwog and Columbia Daily Spectator .
Attend the Startup Career Fair on Friday, Mar. 28!
Touch up your resume and practice your introduction for the employers coming to campus for the Startup Career Fair on Friday, Mar. 28 . Representatives from Birchbox, Square, Uber, Venture For America, ZocDoc, and many more will be present at this exclusive event open only to Columbia students and alumni. Register today!
Deadline this Sunday - SEAS Students - Join STEP!
Once you accept a summer internship, you can apply to be part of STEP to receive various benefits, which include accessing a database to connect with a mentor! Attend a STEP Chat on Thursday, Mar. 27 to learn more. See link for additional program benefits. Apply now . Deadline is March 30th (This Sunday!).
Apply to a CCASSIP position for summer 2014!
There are several opportunities still available in LionSHARE in a variety of industries including government, the arts, legal, advertising, not-for-profit and more! Search for “CCASSIP” in LionSHARE – new positions will continue to be posted through spring 2014. Deadlines vary by position. To view all summer positions click here .
Looking for the Columbia Scene this summer?
Then join the Summer CCE Network (SCCEN) for access to an alumni mentor in an industry of interest, networking opportunities, roommate connections, and career-related and recreational events in Boston, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Washington D.C.! Deadline to join is Sunday, Mar. 30 .
Seniors: Identify Your Skills for Success in the Job Search - Friday, Apr. 4
Join us for an interactive workshop where we will use the SkillScan assessment to identify your unique, transferable skills and qualities. Whether you are unsure of which career path to choose or have already decided and need help articulating your qualifications to employers, this workshop will get you started.
Funding Programs - Apply by Wednesday, Apr. 16!
- Columbia Engineering Internship Fund is designed to enable Columbia Engineering undergraduate students to gain real-world and research engineering experience. Currently registered Columbia Engineering undergraduate students who meet the criteria outlined here are eligible to apply.
- Columbia College Alumni and Parent Internship Fund is specifically designed to encourage CC students to accept a quality unpaid internship which would foster their career exploration and build upon their academic studies, while alleviating some of the financial burden associated with unpaid internships. Currently registered CC students who meet the criteria outlined here are eligible to apply.
- Work Exemption Program enables financial aid recipients to take advantage of unpaid internships, research projects, and volunteer work. For eligibility and application instructions, please visit our website .
Calendar at a Glance: Mar. 24-Apr. 4
Set up a job agent in LionSHARE so you don't miss a single opportunity! In the meantime, we've pulled a few examples of current positions that we thought might be of interest to you. Employers are posting positions every day, and the active employment and internship opportunities below are just a small sample of the thousands currently available. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply today.
The jobs listed below expire between Mar. 31 and Apr. 9 .
- Wall Street Services - Operations Risk Associate (Entry Level Finance) (Job ID: 134827)
- Joseph Hage Aaronson LLC - Paralegal (Job ID: 134820)
- ICR, Inc. - Associate (Job ID: 134913)
- Options for College, Inc. - College Counselor (Job ID: 135645)
- Delphix - New College Graduate - Business Technology Consulting (Job ID: 135432)
The internships listed below expire between Apr. 2 and Apr. 17 .
- Tamika Mapp for State Assembly - Finance Research Intern (Job ID: 136138 )
- S&P Capital IQ /McGraw Hill Financial - Architectural Record Editorial Summer Intern (Job ID: 134135)
- Amnesty International USA - Amnesty International Organizing Intern (Job ID: 134937)
- Il Mulino New York - Public Relations Intern (Job ID: 135626)
- British Airways - PR Summer Internship (Job ID: 135233)
Below is just one of the employers recruiting on campus that you may have missed. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply. Don't have On-Campus Interview access? Complete the mandatory On-Campus Recruiting Program Overview online training and sign off on the new policies and procedures. The schedule listed below expires on Mar. 26 .
- Richards Kibbe & Orbe LLP - Litigation Paralegal (Schedule ID: 3923)
The jobs listed below expire between Apr. 2 and Apr. 10 .
- Louis Vuitton - Advertising Seasonal (Job ID: 134873)
- Bundle Organics - Marketing Intern (Job ID: 134749)
- Course Hero, Inc. - Business Development Intern (Job ID: 135304)
- S. Russell Groves Architects - DESIGN/ ADMIN INTERN (Job ID: 134999)
- Yorkson Legal - Part Time Recruiting Assistant (Job ID: 135539)
- EPA Volunteer Summer Internships - Please email James Feeley at Feeley.James@epa.gov for details.
- OECD Student Ambassador Program - Application Deadline: Sunday, Mar. 30. Please email Elodie Turchi at email@example.com for details.
- Save the Date for #StartupColumbia - Friday, Apr. 11
- Structural Engineering Opportunities at Jacobs and WSP
- Nestlé Purina College Sweepstakes - See Facebook or nestlepurinacareers.com/sweepstakes and current internships and entry-level jobs .
- Summer 2014 Sports Marketing Internship at PUMA
- Spoon University - Taste Talks networking event around food, media and entrepreneurship - Tuesday, Apr. 8
Lime Connect Fellowship Program for sophomores/rising juniors with a (visible or invisible) disability. Deadline to apply Monday, Apr. 21.