Happy new year and welcome to campus! We have an exciting spring semester for you, with career fairs, mock interview nights, employer site visits, and so much more. In the next two weeks, you can go to information sessions about our summer internship programs, stop by a Power Half Hour on a career topic like interviewing, or attend the Fashion Industry Showcase, where you can connect with employers for internships and jobs. Not sure where to start? Drop by for Quick Questions for an introduction to CCE's services, a resume review, or just to learn about some of our spring activities.
Most of all, we're so glad to have you back and can't wait to work with you in 2013.
Thinking about summer internships?
Attend an information session on Tuesday, Jan. 22 to learn about CCE’s Summer Internship Programs: Columbia Experience Overseas ( CEO ), Science Technology Engineering Program ( STEP ), Columbia College Alumni-Sponsored Student Internship Program ( CCASSIP ), and the CU Internship Network ( CU In ). If you are interested in working abroad, gaining experience in science, technology, or engineering fields, connecting with alumni, or building a professional network over the summer, then be sure to learn more about these unique opportunities!
Learn how to gain real world management experience through the Columbia Student Enterprises !
Attend an information session on Thursday, Jan. 24 to learn what it takes and how to apply to be the managing director of the Columbia Bartending Agency , Columbia University Tutoring and Translating Agency (CUTTA) , or Inside New York .
Mock Interview Program - Jan. 30 , Feb. 6 , and Feb. 12
Practice building those winning interview skills at one of CCE’s Mock Interview Nights! CCE staff will be joined by Columbia alumni returning from a variety of industries to conduct practice interviews and provide the feedback that will start you on the path to interviewing success. Grab a spot now by calling us at 212-854-5609.
Industry Showcase: Fashion - Jan. 30
CCE is proud to present its 3rd annual career fair for a number of organizations within the fashion industry. This year we are excited to announce our collaboration with Hoot Magazine for this event. Come hear from organizations like Bloomingdale's, Michael Kors, and The Row about their full-time and summer internship opportunities at our multi-firm, industry showcase. Register to attend by clicking here !
Check out CCE’s website for funding and fellowship resources!
CCE has a database of funding and fellowship opportunities for students looking to finance summer internship plans. There are many interesting opportunities with upcoming deadlines.
Here are a few to note:
- SURF - Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship at Columbia University - Deadline: Feb. 1, 2013
- NASA LARSS Paid Internship Program - Deadline: Feb. 1, 2013
- UNESCO Laura W. Bush Traveling Fellowship - Deadline: Feb. 25, 2013
Complete the WetFeet Career Benchmark!
Participate now to receive a career toolbox, access to a career webinar library, a chance to win scholarships, and make your employer preferences known.
Calendar at a Glance: Jan. 21 - Feb. 1
Set up a job agent in LionSHARE so you don't miss an internship or job. In the mean time, we've pulled a few examples of current opportunities that might be of interest to you. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply!
The jobs listed below expire between Jan. 26 and Feb. 2 .
- Alfred P. Sloan Foundation - Program Associate, Economics (Job ID 98048)
- Amazon - Retail Undergraduate Program (Job ID 98105)
- New Visions for Public Schools-Hunter College Urban Teacher Residency - Become a New York City Public School Teacher (Job ID 98107)
- NetSuite - Quality Assurance Engineer (Job ID 98110)
- Manna Project International - Ecuador Program Director (Job ID 98136)
- People for the American Way Foundation - Fellowship Associate (Job ID 98495)
The internships listed below expire between Jan. 21 and Feb. 8 .
- The Boston Consulting Group - Summer Associate (Job ID 96637)
- NYC Mayor's Office - New Business Acceleration Team Intern (Job ID 77032)
- Broadridge Financial Solutions - Marketing Intern (Job ID 98079)
- Morgan Stanley - Intern (Job ID 98109)
- Cultural Mixology - Winter Intern 2013 (Job ID 98119)
- Discovery Communications - Communications and PR Internship (Job ID 98334)
- Verizon Communications Inc. - Real Estate Interns (Dec 2013 grads or later) (Job ID 96971)
Important reminders for students participating in On-Campus Recruiting:
- Spring 2013 On-Campus Interviews begin on Monday, Jan. 28.
- Please review the On-Campus Recruiting Policies and Procedures here .
- Questions? Call Employer Relations at 212-854-9167.
Below are just a few of the employers recruiting on campus that you may have missed. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply. Don't have On-Campus Recruiting in your account? Go to OCR ACCESS . The schedules listed below close between Jan. 24 and Jan. 30 .
- Ralph Lauren - 2013 Summer Internship (Schedule ID 2813)
- CIBC World Markets - Summer Analyst (Schedule ID 3218)
- AXA Private Equity - Summer Internship - Investment Analyst (Schedule ID 2912)
- RiXtrema, Inc. - Derivatives and Risk Researcher (Schedule ID 3101)
- Novantas, LLC - Summer Associate (Schedule ID 3102)
- Ogilvy - Ogilvy & Mather Summer Internship Program (Schedule ID 3173)
Looking for more part-time positions? Search "Temp Time" under "Employer Name" in LionSHARE. The jobs listed below expire between Jan. 25 and Jan. 27 .
- Arcem Capital - Investment Team Intern (Job ID 97956)
- Nuvo Silver - Webmaster (Job ID 76850)
- RLG Productions, Corp. - Video Editing Internship (Job ID 97952)
- Imbesi Christensen and Michael - Legal Assistant (Job ID 98112)
National Eating Disorders Association - Social Media Marketing Intern (Job ID 98087)