Good luck with your final exams!
We're around over winter break and we have positions coming in every day. Read on for details and, when you're ready, call us at 212-854-5609 to schedule an appointment to chat about your full-time job or internship search.
Niamh and all at CCE
Decorate Cookies with CCE and Senior Class Councils
Seniors - need a sweet treat to get you through study week? Stop by the East Campus lobby from 2-4p.m. on Thursday, Dec. 12 to decorate (and eat) cookies with CCE and the Columbia College and SEAS 2013 Class Councils.
Winter Internships and On-Campus Interview Deadlines
Many of you have inquired about internships that start in the New Year so we've pulled a few and added a Winter Internships section under LionSHARE Opportunities. Search keyword "winter" in LionSHARE for additional opportunities. Please keep in mind that the deadlines for these positions are quickly approaching as the employment start dates are in December or early January. For those who are interested in participating in On-Campus Interviews (OCI) in the spring semester, please pay close attention to application deadlines as many occur over Winter Break. Please complete the online training and sign off on the on-campus interview policies if you do not already have OCI Access.
- Some application periods will close during the break - check LionSHARE regularly.
- The first On-Campus Interview (OCI) application deadline is Sunday, Jan. 12.
- Spring Semester information sessions begin on Tuesday, Jan. 21.
- The first day of On-Campus Interviews is Monday, Jan. 27.
- Questions? Call 212-854-9167 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Mark your Calendars for our Spring Career Fairs and Special Events!
As you plan your spring schedule, pencil in some of the great events that CCE has planned. Remember to check our web calendar , for up-to-date information and registration.
- Industry Showcase: Fashion - Wednesday, Jan. 29 from 6-7:30p.m.
- Industry Showcase: Advertising, Marketing & Public Relations (AMP) - Feb. 2014, Date TBD
- Spring Career Fair - Friday, Mar. 7 from 11a.m.-4p.m.
- Media Networking Night - Wednesday, Mar. 26 from 6:30-8:30p.m.
- Startup Career Fair: Friday, Mar. 29 from 12–3p.m.
CCE Holiday and Updated Quick Questions Schedule
Please note the following closures and changes to the Quick Questions schedule:
- Thursday, Dec. 19 is the last day of Quick Questions for the Fall Semester.
- CCE will be closed on Friday, Dec. 20.
- CCE will be closed to the public from Tuesday, Dec. 24 – Wednesday, Jan. 1.
- Quick Questions will resume on Thursday, Jan. 2.
Complete the WetFeet Career Benchmark Survey! Click here to participate. Increase the visibility and marketability of Columbia University students to employers and help employers target you. You will be compensated for your time with a career toolbox that features two free career guides and a career profile with feedback to measure your aspirations against others.
Calendar at a Glance: Dec. 9-20
All Day Event
All Day Event
All Day Event
CCE will be closed on 12/20 and will re-open on 12/23 at 9a.m.
Set up a job agent in LionSHARE so you don't miss a single opportunity! In the meantime, we've pulled a few examples of current positions that we thought might be of interest to you. Employers are posting positions every day, and the active employment and internship opportunities below are just a small sample of the thousands currently available. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply today.
The internships listed below expire between Dec. 11 and Jan. 1.
- Deloitte - Human Capital Analyst (Job ID: 127236)
- BerlinRosen - 2014 Winter/Spring Intern (Job ID: 127033)
- Brunswick Group LLC - Full Time Winter Internship (Job ID: 126154)
- Warby Parker - Winter Customer Experience Internship (Job ID: 125317)
- Advanced Acoustic Concepts - Software Engineering Winter Intern (Job ID: 121171)
The jobs listed below expire between Dec. 18 and Dec. 27.
- Yext - Marketing Coordinator (Job ID: 126688)
- Rakuten - Engineer Position (Entry Level) (Job ID: 125954)
- The Environmental Law Institute - Research Associate (Job ID: 126503)
- Macquarie Holdings (USA) Inc. - FICC Central Risk Analysis (Job ID: 126536)
- Casdin Capital - Research Analyst (Job ID: 126006)
The internships listed below expire between Dec. 18 and Dec. 27.
- Discovery Communications - Spring 2014 Internship (Job ID: 125960)
- Banco do Brasil (Bank of Brazil) - Intern - Finance Department at Financial Institution (Job ID: 126452)
- Chanel Inc. - Spring 2014 Accounting Intern (Job ID: 126767)
- Booz Allen Hamilton - Business/Liberal Art Internship (Job ID: 126183)
- Google, Inc. - Engineering Practicum Internship, Summer 2014 (Job ID: 126273)
- Ogilvy Public Relations - Ogilvy Public Relations NYC Summer Internship Program (Job ID: 125986)
The Earth Institute - Research Assistantships - Application Deadline: Wednesday, Jan. 15, 2014. Hands-on sustainable development paid research on a range of projects with Earth Institute faculty and researchers.
2014 NanoJapan : International Research Experience for Undergraduates Program - Application Deadline: Jan. 24, 2014. Structured research opportunities in Japanese university laboratories with Japanese mentors focused on the study of THz dynamics of nanostructures. Questions? Email email@example.com .
White House Office of Presidential Correspondence Summer 2014 Associate Program - Application Deadline: Jan. 31, 2014. The office’s mission is to listen to and understand the stories and concerns of the American people, and to send responses on behalf of the President. The Summer 2014 program lasts from May 27 – August 8, and applicants must be currently enrolled in or recently finished with a degree seeking program and hold U.S. citizenship. To apply, please email a resume and statement of interest to OPCAssociate@who.eop.gov .
18th European Career Fair at MIT: Feb. 1-3, 2014. More than 100 participating organizations. Register to be a part of a searchable database through which employers can view your resume and schedule interviews before meeting you in person at the Fair.
Procter & Gamble Research Your Future in Science Seminar - Application Deadline: Mar. 14, 2014. Hands-on involvement and a variety of tours and presentations to learn what it is like to work as an R&D Researcher at P&G. Participants have opportunity to interview for a 2015 P&G Researcher Summer Internship prior to any other intern recruiting. All travel and accommodations will be paid by P&G for those selected to attend. Search job number RND00002544 here to apply.