We hope you are enjoying the sunshine! We have career counseling appointments available and jobs and internships in LionSHARE. If you are still looking for an internship or job, want to discuss an offer, or any other career matter, call 212-854-5609 and let's get some work done before finals.
Niamh and all at CCE
2014 Graduating Student Survey #CCEGSS
Let us know the places you’ll go by filling out the 2014 Graduating Student Survey! Complete the survey (it only takes 3 minutes) for a chance to win a Jawbone Jambox or other great prizes. Plus, if your school has the highest percentage of completed surveys by commencement, you’ll have a chance to win a Beats by Dr. Dre Pill . Update us on your plans for the future and help us better understand your Columbia experience. Also, celebrate your accomplishments, and show us the places you’ll go! Follow #CCEGSS on Twitter and Instagram , and show off your own post-graduation plans.
Interning this Summer? If so, enter the 3rd Annual CCE Video Contest !
Congratulations on reaching the end of another year at Columbia University! As part of your summer planning, take a moment to check out the CCE Video Contest . The CCE Video Contest is a change to show off your summer internship experience, and win awesome prizes! One Grand Prize Winner will receive a package of over $100 worth of Columbia gear! Prizes also available for 3 runners-up! For more information and categories for entry, visit http://bit.ly/NeeFDM .
Calendar at a Glance: Apr. 28 - May 9
CCE will be closed for the day. CCE will re-open on May 12 at 9a.m.
Set up a job agent in LionSHARE so you don't miss a single opportunity! In the meantime, we've pulled a few examples of current positions that we thought might be of interest to you. Employers are posting positions every day, and the active employment and internship opportunities below are just a small sample of the thousands currently available. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply today.
The jobs listed below expire between May 7 and May 22 .
- Koch Modular Process Systems, LLC - Pipe Stress & Support Engineer (Job ID: 138554)
- CleanEdison - Analyst (Job ID: 138759)
- The Hartford Financial Services Group - Associate Claim Representative - Training Provided (Job ID: 138851)
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP - International Arbitration Paralegal (Job ID: 133211)
- Bloomberg L.P. - 2014 Software Engineer (Job ID: 137626)
- Crowdtap - Business Development Associate (Job ID: 137855)
- Aegis Media - Dentsu Aegis Network Entry Level Opportunities (Media Planning & Buying) (Job ID: 138025)
- Ipsos North America - Research Analyst (454-736) (Job ID: 138574)
- New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation - Organizational Development Specialist (Job ID: 139165)
- Canaccord Genuity Securities - Investment Banking Analyst (Job ID: 139816)
- The Waldorf-Astoria - Revenue Analyst (Job ID: 140195)
The internships listed below expire between May 10 and May 21 .
- Emerging Leaders in Technology and Engineering - R&D Engineering Intern/Teaching Assistant (Job ID: 137649)
- Highpoint Partners - Investment Banking Analyst Intern (Job ID: 136925)
- The D. E. Shaw Group - Corporate Development Intern (Job ID: 138386)
- Charity Footprints - Tech Startup - PR/Marketing Intern (Job ID: 139395)
- IAC - Marketing Intern (Job ID: 138501)
- The Waldorf-Astoria - Human Resources Internship (Job ID: 139642)
The jobs listed below expire between May 10 and May 19 .
- Alexandria Real Estate Equities - Business Development - Technology (Job ID:138466)
- Hold Brothers - Personal Assistant to Finance CEO (Job ID: 139194)
- CodeHS - Tutor for CodeHS (Job ID: 139913)
- BulldogLanguagePartners - Language Partner (Job ID: 139652)
- Next Level Tutors, LLC - *Spring 2014* TUTORING Positions - All Subjects Needed (Job ID: 138750)
- Columbia Neuroscience Society: Graduate School Panel (Apr. 29) - CNS will be hosting 7 graduate students from Columbia graduate programs, including the chemistry, neurobiology, and molecular biology departments. Learn about these students' experiences applying to graduate school, living life as a graduate student, and more! Questions? Email Nayan Lamba .
- Women@CORE : Story Series with Women Who Change Women (Apr. 30) - Hear successful female founders talk about their motivations for launching a company with social missions. Featured speakers are Alexis Tryon (Founder & CEO of Artsicle), Miki Agrawal (Founder & CEO of THINX), Adda Birnir (Founder & CEO of Skillcrush), and will be moderated by Regina Chien (Silicon Valley Bank). Check out the Facebook event here .
- Tokyo Summer Career Forum 2014 (June 28 & 29) and Los Angeles Career Forum 2014 (Oct. 4 & 5) - Career Forums are for those who are: Japanese-English bilingual (at minimum conversational level in both Japanese and English) and looking for a full-time/internship position or just want to see what opportunities are available. Travel scholarships are available to help defray the cost of traveling from afar. No fee to register or attend.
- Match Teacher Residency - An intensive two year teacher residency that prepares you to become a highly effective first-year teacher while earning a Masters of Effective Teaching degree. Apply now for Fall 2014.
- New York Metropolitan Transportation Council Internship Opportunities - NYMTC is looking for interns for the Planning Group, Technical Group, and Coordinating Committee Unit. Projects will include developing tools to centrally locate and analyze transportation-related data, tracking projects progress and deliverables, and coordinating and attending multi-agency meetings and forums. Interested individuals should send resumes to Chris Rodrigues-Moore .
- Lime Connect Goldman Sachs Undergraduate Camp - A two-day program for Black, Latino/Hispanic and Native American college freshmen and sophomores (graduating in 2016 & 2017) of all majors interested in learning more about Goldman Sachs and the financial services industry. Deadline to apply is Sunday, May 11. Click here to learn more and apply.
- Talent Meets Bertlesmann Event - A networking event for students that takes place in Berlin from June 30-July 2. Apply by Sunday, May 25. Show in your resume that you are eager to pursue entrepreneurial challenges, and explain why you are fascinated by the media in a letter detailing your motivation