Congratulations to all the students and groups recognized at the Kings Crown Leadership Awards! Some of you fostered important dialogue, demonstrated sound judgment, and responsible citizenship. Some of you bridged diverse groups on and off campus. Some of you enhanced our lives through music, art, and dance and some of you created sustainable change that will continue to benefit us as you move on to your next adventures. All of you have built skills and developed interests that are transferrable to a variety of internships and jobs. Check out the top 10 skills ranked by employers in a survey conducted by the National Association of Colleges and Employers, and work with us to identify the ways you can demonstrate all you do for your community at Columbia in your applications and conversations.
Niamh and all at CCE
Columbia Engineering Internship Fund 2013
SEAS undergraduate students, apply to fund your unpaid summer internship! This pilot program for 2012-13, funded through generous alumni support, is designed to enable SEAS undergraduate students to gain real-world engineering experience. Rising sophomores, juniors and seniors receiving Columbia grant-based financial aid are eligible to apply if you are in good standing with at least a 3.0 GPA and have secured an unpaid internship for summer 2013. Please visit our website for application instructions and links. Applications are due on Apr. 17, 2013.
Columbia College Alumni and Parent Internship Fund 2013
Apply to fund your unpaid summer internship! Currently registered Columbia College rising juniors and seniors, in good standing with at least a 3.0 GPA, who receive Columbia grant-based financial aid and have secured an unpaid internship for summer 2013 are eligible to apply. Please visit our website for application instructions and links. Applications are due on Apr. 17, 2013.
Register for Employer Site Visits to MLB and the Met Museum!
Join CCE on site visits to Major League Baseball (Apr. 19) and the Metropolitan Museum of Art (Apr. 26), where you can learn how to apply and market yourself for coveted internship and full-time opportunities. Don't miss these opportunities to meet with staff members to ask questions about career paths in sports and the arts. Register today to secure your spot!
Work Exemption Program Summer 2013
Do your plans for the summer include an unpaid internship, research, or volunteer opportunity? If you are a CC or SEAS student you may be eligible for consideration for the Work Exemption Program for summer 2013. The deadline for consideration is Wednesday, Apr. 24 and details regarding eligibility and the application process are available on the CCE website.
Wondering how a mentor can help support your career exploration and advancement?
Find out by joining the Columbia University Internship Network (CU In) ! CU In connects current undergraduate and graduate students spending the summer interning in Boston, Chicago, L.A., San Francisco, or D.C. to alumni mentors working in a variety of industries. As a network member, you’ll also have access to network events, roommate connections, and more! Deadline to join the network is Apr. 21. Apply early. Space is limited.
Get Creative - Make a Video of Your Summer Internship for the 2nd Annual CCE Video Contest!
Want to win some awesome prizes just for documenting your summer internship? Take a moment to check out the CCE Video Contest . One Grand Prize Winner will receive a package of over $100 worth of Columbia gear! Prizes also available for 3 runners-up! For more information and categories for entry, visit http://bit.ly/NeeFDM .
Calendar at a Glance: Apr. 15 - Apr. 26
The jobs listed below expire between Apr. 24 and Apr. 26.
- PCo Media LLC - Business and Financial Research and Data Associate (Job ID 105360)
- Dropbox - Legal Assistant (Job ID 105364)
- GiveWell - Research Analyst (Job ID 105387)
- True North Inc. - Advertising Account Coordinator (Job ID 105443)
- Citi - Citi Global Technology Operations Full Time Analyst (Job ID 105521)
- Brennan Center for Justice at NYU School of Law - Research Associate, Democracy Program (Job ID 105555)
The internships listed below expire between Apr. 22 and Apr. 25.
- Lower East Side Ecology Center - EcoBizNYC Internship (Small Business Sustainability Program) (Job ID 105226)
- Black Entertainment Television (BET) - Business & Legal Affairs Intern (Job ID 105300)
- Pfizer Inc. - Pfizer Internship Program - Oncology (Job ID 105361)
- Nvidia - System Engineering Intern 2013 (Job ID 105377)
- NYC Mayor's Office of Environmental Remediation - Geology/Engineering Intern - CCESTEP (Job ID 105405)
The jobs listed below expire between Apr. 23 and Apr. 26 .
- TransPerfect - Web Engineer Intern - OneLink (Job ID 103216)
- Columbia Student Calling Center - Columbia Student Calling Center (Job ID 105244)
- Jacobs & Burleigh LLP - Legal Word Processor (PT/Evenings) (Job ID 105275)
- Transportation Alternatives - New York City Bike Ambassador, Borough Lead (Job ID 105330)
Random House, Inc. - Book Transcription (Job ID 105407)