It was great to see so many of you at Friday’s Startup Career Fair! Check out our tip sheet for advice on staying in touch with employers you met. This week, join us for the Job Search Skills Workshop & ISSO Presentation for International Students and Policy Research Career Panel , schedule an appointment to meet with a counselor about your summer internship or job search, or drop by to have your Quick Questions answered about everything from resumes and LionSHARE to interviews and networking. Keep reading for special announcements and for information on internships and jobs with fast-approaching deadlines!
Niamh and all at CCE
Policy Research Career Panel - Wednesday, Apr. 3
Join the Journal of Politics & Society for a panel discussion with guests from the Federal Reserve, the World Policy Institute, and other distinguished research and policy groups. Topics will include for-profit and nonprofit opportunities, qualifications these firms seek in recent graduates, and the social impact of research and policy work. Co-sponsors: CCE, Columbia Democrats, Roosevelt Institute, Columbia Parliamentary Debate Team, Columbia Undergraduate Law Review, Columbia Political Union, and CIRCA.
Are you a CC sophomore or junior on the search for summer internships?
Want to expand your CC professional network? Search “CCASSIP” on LionSHARE to review open internship positions that are part of Columbia College Alumni-Sponsored Student Internship Program ( CCASSIP ). If you are interested in connecting with CC alumni and building a professional network over the summer, then be sure to learn more about these unique opportunities!
2013 Summer Internship Funding Programs
Apply to fund your unpaid summer internship through the Columbia College Alumni and Parent Internship Fund (APIF) and the Columbia Engineering Internship Fund (CEIF). For eligibility requirements and application instructions, visit the APIF and CEIF webpages. Applications are due on Wednesday, Apr. 17.
Deadline to join the Columbia University Internship Network Extended to Apr. 21!
Spending the summer in Boston, L.A., San Francisco, Seattle, or D.C. and wish you knew people in the area? Connecting to fellow Columbia students and alum has never been easier through the Columbia University Internship Network . Join today for access to network events, mentoring, roommate connections, and much more! Apply early. Space is limited.
Work Exemption Program Summer 2013
Do your plans for the summer include an unpaid internship, research, or volunteer opportunity? If you are a CC or SEAS student you may be eligible for consideration for the Work Exemption Program for summer 2013. The deadline for consideration is Wednesday, Apr. 24 and details regarding eligibility and the application process are available on the CCE website.
2nd Annual CCE Video Contest
In addition to planning your summer internship, it isn’t too early to begin thinking of your submission for the CCE Video Contest . This is a chance to show off your creativity by creating a short video of your summer internship experience! Submissions will be due by September 11, 2013 and the prizes will be awarded soon after (details TBA)! For more information, see here .
Calendar at a Glance: Apr. 1 - Apr. 12
The jobs listed below expire between Apr. 10 and Apr. 11.
- CCS Global Tech - SQL Developer (Job ID 103817)
- Exegy, Inc. - Technical Account Manager (Job ID 103986)
- KPMG LLP - Associate (Job ID 103999)
- WellPoint, Inc. - Healthcare Product Development (Job ID 104063)
- Brigham and Women's Hospital - Clinical Research Coordinator - Endocrinology (Job ID 104074)
The internships listed below expire between Apr. 10 and Apr. 11.
- ImClone Systems - Plant Engineering (Job ID 103969)
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts - 2013 Summer Internships (Job ID 103983)
- Latest Revival - Content and Social Media Internship (Job ID 104066)
- Jones Lang LaSalle - Hotels & Hospitality Intern (Job ID 104073)
- Floored, Inc. - Business Intern (Job ID 104109)
Below is just one of the employers recruiting on campus that you may have missed. View details via the link and log on to LionSHARE to apply. Don't have On-Campus Recruiting? Go to OCR ACCESS . The schedule listed below closes on Apr. 15 .
- Brioni - Operations Intern (Schedule ID 3265)
The jobs listed below expire between Apr. 10 and Apr. 12 .
- Gibney Anthony & Flaherty, LLP - Internet Researcher (Job ID 100173)
- Fairfield Construction Associates - Intern/Part-Time (Job ID 104021)
- CAI Cicatelli Associates Inc. - Consultant: Online Learning Developer (Job ID 104104)
- Romano Law PLLC - Administrative Assistant (Job ID 104119)
Heritage Tours Private Travel - Administrative Assistant / Travel Coordinator (Job ID 104267)