Many of you have just ended your internships and it's a great time to thank your internship supervisor and others who have spent time training you, answering your questions, and providing opportunities for learning and networking. An email or hand-written note is always appreciated. Also ask to connect with them on LinkedIn to stay in touch once you're back on campus. Before classes start, carve out some time to reflect on what you've learned about yourself working this summer that might inform decisions about the type of work you'd like to do and your preferred work style and environment. Also, identify the skills (e.g., analytical, communication, problem-solving) and qualities (e.g., adaptability, resourcefulness, creativity) that you've honed and update your resume. We look forward to seeing you soon!!!
Niamh and all at CCE
CCE Open House - Friday, Sept. 12
Join us for our third annual Open House ! Explore all CCE has to offer including internships, LionSHARE, and LinkedIn. Enjoy free Korilla Korean BBQ (until it runs out!), and enter the raffle for a chance to win a FitBit Flex. Follow #CCEOpenHouse on Twitter for more info.
Important On-Campus Recruiting Program (OCR) Information and Dates
CCE’s On-Campus Recruiting Program (OCR) brings employers to campus for the purpose of meeting, On-Campus Interviewing (OCI), and recruiting students. To gain OCI Access in LionSHARE , students must complete the On-Campus Recruiting Program Overview training and sign-off on the policies after passing the quiz at the end of the presentation. Students who already have OCI Access in LionSHARE should update their profile and documents to reflect their most recent academic standing before applying to any OCI job postings. All students interested in OCR should review the 2014-2015 On-Campus Recruiting Policies and Procedures .
Apply by Sept. 14 to be the Manager of the Columbia University Tutoring and Translating Agency (CUTTA) !
Managing Directors benefit from hands-on business experience, professional development training, and a salary while obtaining guidance from an advisory team and professional development training. To learn more about the program and application process, visit our website and search Job ID: 50192 in LionSHARE.
Work Exemption Program
Apply by Sept. 17, 2014 for the fall 2014 Work Exemption Program. The program enables financial aid recipients to take advantage of unpaid internships, research projects, and volunteer work. For eligibility and application instructions, please visit our website .
Document That Summer Internship: Enter the 3rd Annual CCE Video Contest !
Want to win over $100 worth of Columbia gear just for documenting your summer internship? Take a moment to check out the details of the CCE Video Contest . No previous film skills required!
Calendar at a Glance: Sept. 1-12
CCE will be closed for Labor Day.
CCE Employer News
CCE Employer News is a new section of the newsletter designed to provide students with insight into how the Employer Relations team at CCE brings employers to campus and connects them with students. In future newsletters this section will provide students with information on new employer relationships, hot job and internship opportunities, important recruiting events, and how students can suggest companies they would like to see on campus. Stay tuned and don’t forget about CCE’s Fall Career Fair on Sept. 19 !
Set up a job agent in LionSHARE so you don't miss a single opportunity! In the meantime, we've pulled a few examples of current positions that we thought might be of interest to you. Employers are posting positions every day, and the active employment and internship opportunities below are just a small sample of the thousands currently available. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply today.
The jobs listed below expire between Aug. 31 and Sept. 11 .
- Bourne Co. - Music Royalty Processor (Job ID: 148280)
- Millennium Management - Operations Project Manager (Job ID: 149160)
- NetSuite - Business Development Representative (Job ID: 149381)
- iCIMS - Customer Opportunity Consultant (Job ID: 149293)
- Edelman - Financial Analyst- Consumer (Job ID: 150270)
- Credit Agricole Corporate & Investment Bank - US Associate-Securitization (Job ID: 150281)
The internships listed below expire between Aug. 31 and Sept. 30 .
- Columbia University Law School - Millstein Center Programmer/Statistician (Job ID: 148038)
- UBS Financial Services Inc. - UBS Financial Services - Fall 2014 Internship (Job ID: 148708)
- Morgan Stanley - Merchant Banking & Real Estate Investing Capital Markets Group Fall/Winter Analyst (Job ID: 151045)
- Women in Derivatives, Inc. - Social Media Specialist (Job ID: 147789)
- FleishmanHillard - Digital/Social Media Intern (Job ID: 150564)
Below are just a few of the employers recruiting on campus that you may have missed. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply. Don't have On-Campus Interview access? Complete the mandatory On-Campus Recruiting Program Overview online training and sign off on the new policies and procedures. The schedules listed below close between Sept. 7 and Sept 10 .
- Eastdil Secured - Analyst (Schedule ID: 4008)
- Consolidated Trading - Assistant Trader (Schedule ID: 4115)
- Point72 Asset Management - Financial Analyst Internship (Schedule ID: 4166)
- Waste Management - Information Technology Management Analyst (Schedule ID: 4036)
- QS World Grad School Tour on Sept. 13 - Register here .
- Acumen Essentials I Leadership Course - Register before Aug 26 .
- Acumen's Storytelling for Change Course - Register before Sept. 2 .
Citizen Schools - Apply to be a Volunteer Citizen Teacher (Job ID: 147709) by Sept. 2.