Columbia Engineering and the Center for Career Education are pleased to announce the Columbia Engineering Internship Fund for summer 2013. The Columbia Engineering Internship Fund (CEIF) supports undergraduate students who have secured unpaid summer internships in engineering fields. This pilot program for 2012-13, funded through generous alumni support, is designed to enable Columbia Engineering undergraduate students to gain real-world engineering experience. The Columbia Engineering Internship Fund:
- Supports undergraduate students who have already secured unpaid summer internships
- Provides stipends ranging from $500 to $5,000, depending on the nature of the internship as well as demonstrated student need
- Supports real-world engineering experience rather than research opportunities, when those opportunities are unpaid
- Focuses on providing support for international internship experiences, though unpaid U.S.-based internships will be considered
Currently registered Columbia Engineering undergraduate students who meet the following criteria are eligible to apply:
- A rising sophomore, junior or senior undergraduate student in good standing with at least a 3.0 G.P.A.
- A recipient of Columbia grant-based financial aid. If you are unsure if you receive grant-based financial aid, please contact the Office of Undergraduate Financial Aid & Educational Financing .
- Secured an unpaid engineering internship for summer 2013 prior to the application deadline.
The CEIF does not replace the Work Exemption Program (WEP). Undergraduate students who apply to the CEIF are encouraged, but not required, to apply to the WEP as well. Through WEP, undergraduate students have the option of applying for an exemption from the summer savings portion of their financial aid package as well as their academic year work expectations if they are engaged in unpaid activities, including summer internships.
Please visit our website for application instructions and links. Applications are due on April 17, 2013.
If you have further questions, please email Elizabeth Wang at firstname.lastname@example.org .