Nominate a senior for Multicultural Affairs Graduation Cords by Friday, March 25 at 11:59 p.m. EDT.
Multicultural Affairs Graduation Cords are given to graduating seniors in Columbia College, The Fu Foundation School of Engineering and Applied Science and the School of General Studies who have demonstrated an outstanding commitment to inclusion, global diversity, social justice and multiculturalism through Multicultural Affairs, campus leadership, activism, community involvement, academic endeavors and/or personal dedication.
Worn in the various graduation ceremonies, the graduation cords are also a powerful visual symbol of our new graduates’ ongoing commitment as alumni in continuing and sharing the office's mission of supporting personal development, advancing the strength within communities, acknowledging diversity in the different aspects of their lives, working toward social justice, honoring our different and intersecting legacies of struggle and survival and building meaningful coalitions across different identities.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nominees must meet the following criteria:
- Current senior in Columbia College, Columbia Engineering or General Studies who will be eligible to participate in Commencement Spring 2021
- A student in good standing at Columbia University
- Positive impact on fellow students
- Willingness, openness and commitment to act in solidarity with other communities
- Great ability to advocate, organize, and follow-through on related projects and initiatives
- Significant dedication of time to related projects and issues throughout their time at Columbia
- Demonstrated outstanding leadership and constructive contributions to diversity, social justice, and multiculturalism on or off campus while a student at Columbia