Fostering an inclusive on campus environment in tandem with our roles within local and global contexts is crucial as the cultural and social identities of diversity continue to increase and shift. Multicultural Affairs responds to this necessity through its Diversity Education and Training area. In recognizing that diversity, social change and equity must be addressed at multiple, interconnected levels, the goals of Diversity Education and Training, based on our three tiered educational and programmatic approach, are to:
- Prepare students in developing an understanding of their personal and social identities
- Guide students in exploration and self-reflection of intersectionality within social, cultural and historical contexts
- Create and encourage dialogue and advocacy that will increase community-building and cross-cultural understanding
- Teach students practical skills and tools for navigating differences within environments
- Provide greater knowledge and strategies to support historically and socially marginalized underserved communities
- Engage the University community in purposeful conversations that create sustainable social change
More Information About Requesting a Training or Workshop:
- Please read our workshop session descriptions prior to submitting a request.
- We are now accepting requests for Spring 2018. Requests should be submitted at least a month before the preferred date of your workshop.
- Offices, student groups and programs directly impacting Columbia College and Columbia Engineering undergraduates have priority in requests. Unfortunately, not all requests will be accommodated.
- We will be able to accommodate some night and weekend requests, however Monday - Friday, 9:00a.m. - 7:00p.m. is preferable.
- A meeting with our staff may be required to learn more about the goals of the request.
- Requestors are required to reserve the appropriate room/space and are also responsible for providing the necessary supplies.
- Requests are reviewed on a rolling basis.
The Diversity Education and Training Request From is closed for the Spring 2018 semester. The form will be re-open in mid-August for Fall 2018 requests. Faculty and staff: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for trainings in the summer.