Thank you for your interest in being a Visiting and Exchange Student Orientation Leader!
Orientation Leaders (OLs) are role models as well as sources of support and information for new students. They play a major role in facilitating the adjustment of new students to the Columbia community. Visiting and Exchange students attend Columbia for one semester or one year depending on their program. They come from both domestic and international institutions and rely on Orientation Leaders to help them transition quickly into the Columbia community.
OLs assist with everything from move-in to Broadway show outings. They may be assigned to staff events, tours, trips, or lectures. OLs also directly interact with new students through assigned groups. OLs are responsible for communicating and meeting with new students about Orientation events and offering advice and encouragement during their transition to Columbia.
- Good academic and judicial standing
- Team player
- Positive attitude
- Public speaking skills
- Ability to work with diverse students, faculty, and staff
- Desire to be a leader and role-model, including on-campus, on-line, and in the community
- Desire to assist new students in their transition to Columbia
- Must be available from Monday, January 9, 2017 - Sunday, January 15, 2017
- Applications are DUE MONDAY, NOVEMBER 7, 2016 at 12:00 p.m.
- Selected candidates will be invited to a short interview in the week of November 14 - November 18, 2016. Interviews will be scheduled via email after the application deadline.
- Orientation Leader Training is Monday, January 9 & Tuesday, January 10, 2017
- Visiting and Exchange Student Orientation is Wednesday, January 11 - Sunday, January 15, 2019.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.